Monday, October 15, 2012

Living with a grateful heart

I woke up this morning with a huge appreciation for life.  Lately I have often been consumed with the frustrating things in life- my business sometimes not going exactly as I want, time away from my husband, crazy schedules, kids throwing tantrums, etc.  I was reminded today that although these things are frustrating, they don't define my life.  And there are many who were taken from this earth today who won't get to experience these things anymore.  Yes, life can be frustrating.  But I also have to remind myself that life is a gift.  

A friend lost her 5 year old son over Labor Day weekend when he drowned during what was supposed to be a relaxing family weekend.  I am daily reminded to enjoy the little things in life that we tend to look over.  As she shared today on Facebook that she misses seeing him wave goodbye as the bus drives away every morning, it hit me to enjoy those small things.  Can it be frustrating trying to get out the door on time to the bus stop every day?  Yes:)  But I'm learning to see those moments as a gift.  

Let's try to not allow those frustrating, small things to consume our lives.  Be thankful for what you do have.  And be thankful for every breath you take, because every breath is a gift from God.  Tomorrow is not promised.  Relish this moment.  Craziness and all:)

See how you can "Go Out & Be Great" in honor of Nathan Baker!  Visit http://nathanchrisbaker.wordpress.com for more info!  

No comments:

Post a Comment